I began researching book marketing almost from the time I wrote the first word of my first novel. I read about using bookmarks as business cards and giveaways, sending out press releases, setting up booksignings, but I learned very little about marketing books on the internet. Many of the sites I went to for information about promoting a book free on the internet were simply ads for books about promoting free on the internet. This blog is intended to be a notebook detailing what I discover as I research the topic, including lists of sites for promoting books, articles about blogging, and tips on how to use social networking sites to promote without getting branded as a marketing floozy. Feel free to offer advice.
- Amazon Sales Tracking App by Dave Wooldridge
- Authors Supporting Authors by Qwantu Amaru
- Being a Successful Author — Magic or Work? by Sia McKye
- Blog Radio by Aaron Paul Lazar
- Blogging — Creating a Community for Your Book by Dog Ear Publishng
- Book Marketing 101 by Bobby Ozuna
- Book Marketing: Branding Yourself As an Author by John Marion Francis
- Book Marketing Ideas by Jim Magwood
- Book Marketing on the Internet: Sites for Writers By A.F. Stewart
- Book Marketing Tips From A.F. Stewart by A.F. Stewart
- Book Marketing: Writing Book Reviews by Pat Bertram
- Book Promotion: Blogging by Pat Bertram
- Book Promotion: Establishing an Online Persona by Pat Bertram
- Book Promotion: Five Daily Tasks by Qwantu Amaru
- The Book Promotion Puzzle by Pat Bertram
- Book Publicity for Authors — Getting the Most From Your Publicity Campaign by Dog Ear Publishing
- A Bookseller’s Perspective on How to Promote Your Book by Michelle Maycock.
- Book Stores and Book Signings by Shirley Kennett
- Book Stores Are the Worst Place to Sell Your Books by Dog Ear Publishing
- Books Don’t Sell Themselves by Sia McKye
- A Cheapskate Guide to Creating a Publishing Company by Ken Coffman
- Contacting Famous People by D.B. Pacini
- Creating a Book Marketing Plan by Dog Ear Publishing
- Creating a Teaser Trailer for Your Book by Suzette Vaughn
- Different Ways to Market Your Book Online by Peter N. Jones
- The End of the Book Marketing Business as We Know It? by Claire Collins
- Getting Published: No Magic Wands or Treasure Maps by Sia McKye
- Guerilla Book Marketing by Dog Ear Publishing
- Help Other Writers be More Visible by Anne Lyken-Garner
- How I Did My Book Signing by Christine Husom
- How Much Time Should an Author Spend Tweeting, Facebook-ing, and MySpacing? by Cheryl Kaye Tardif
- How to Annoy Readers (Or How Not to Promote Your Book) by Olivia Cunning
- How to Advertise Yourself as an Author by A.F. Stewart
- How to Deal with Well-Meaning Friends and Readers by Laurie Foston
- How to Do a Blog Tour by Marshall Karp
- How to Set Up a Blog Tour and Why You Should by Alan Baxter
- The Magic of Social Networking by Pat Bertram
- Making the Most of MySpace by Jordan Dane
- Marketing the Old-Fashioned Way by Sherrie Hansen
- More Sites for Marketing Your Books Online by Pat Bertram
- The Most Important Word in Book Marketing by Pat Bertram
- Negative Reviews: Are They Really Negative? by Marshall Karp
- Never Be Afraid to Ask by Ian O’Neill
- Notes on Book Promotion by Pat Bertram
- One Introvert’s Guide to Reading at Book Signings by Mairead Walpole
- The Power of Free Books by Qwantu Amaru
- Promote Yourself by Promoting Fellow Authors by Barbara Grovner (B. Grovner)
- Promote Your Work? Why? by Edward Talbot
- Publicize Your Book!! Marketing Plan By Elicia Clegg
- Radio Interviews and How to Get Asked Back by Chuck Collins
- Selling Your Books to Readers — Part I by Dr. Seymour Garte
- Selling Your Books to Readers — Part II by Dr. Seymour Garte
- Setting Up Author Events and Book Signings by Dog Ear Publishing
- So You Want to Become a Published Author by Roger Dean Kiser
- Starting an E-Publishing Company by Joan De La Haye
- Submitting to Literary Magazines 101: Professionalism by Vince Gotera
- Think Outside the Book by Cheryl Kaye Tardif
- TK Kenyon Talks About Book Marketing for the Introvert by TK Kenyon
- Twitter: How to Use It to Promote You and Your Books by John Marion Francis
- What Blogging Platform Should You Use by Pat Bertram
- What Are You Doing to Promote Yourself? How Are You Creating Name Recognition? by Sia McKye
- When Is the Best Time to Start Promoting Your Book? by Pat Bertram
- Writer Cliff Burns Talks About Book Promotion by Cliff Burns and Pat Bertram
- Writing Columns and Branding — An Interview with Aaron Paul Lazar
- Writing Cover Copy and Book Bios by Dog Ear Publishing
February 9, 2009 at 4:39 pm
Thank you for sharing your wealth of information. I am happy to see the things that I am doing right and even happier to see what I could be doing.
March 25, 2009 at 7:40 pm
Hello – and might I say “thanks” for this information already! My husband, Juan McCall, availed me of your site and information via links he rec’d through Facebook search and as I a recently published author and he’s on his way to being published, he thought I could benefit from ton of marketing assistance so, THANKS! My book is “Dear Sistahs” and was released just this past Fall. I will peruse the info here and I’m sure I’ll benefit from much of it!
November 24, 2010 at 12:57 pm
books online are great, wether they are e-books or conventional hardbound and paperback books ”~
April 26, 2011 at 6:22 am
Hey this list is the best ever, thanks for this list. I am wanting to learn all about ebooks and publishing so I can get off my ____ and publish books of my own!
April 26, 2011 at 9:43 pm
Jackie, so glad you stopped by. There is a wealth of information in these articles that the authors so generously shared.
September 8, 2011 at 1:07 pm
I’m going to have to have a very good look at this! Good site and please have a look at mine!
September 21, 2011 at 6:21 am
This is a very helpful place for writers.
September 21, 2011 at 12:42 pm
A page to bookmark!
September 21, 2011 at 3:43 pm
Your compilation is, to say the least, breath-taking ! Thank you so much. I’m passing on the link to my local writers’ critique group.
January 16, 2012 at 4:29 am
Learning habit will definitely improve the knowledge of a person….Great post with valuable information….Thanks for the information provided by you…I really like your post….
December 28, 2012 at 2:03 am
This is the best list I’ve ever seen. This would be very helpful for me.
December 28, 2012 at 11:46 am
Thank you. Best of luck!
February 5, 2013 at 8:31 pm
Simply wanna input that you have a very decent website , I like the pattern it really stands out.
March 18, 2013 at 4:50 am
Thank you so much for the list. It’s really helpful to me.
web sms service
June 15, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Amazing list of articles and resources!